If you’re a new parent, you know that there are a lot of things to worry about. One of the most important is making sure your baby has a safe and comfortable place to sleep. A bedside crib can be a great option for newborns since it keeps them close to their parents without having to share the bed. When your baby girl or baby boy wakes you up in need of feeding at 3 am, you just don’t need to struggle too far and bend your waist to hold up the baby. In this blog post, we will discuss everything you need to know about bedside cribs and five of the best bedside cribs.
- Mika Micky Bedside Sleeper
- Cloud Baby Premium Baby Bassinet
- Baby Delight Beside Me Dreamer Bassinet
- HALO BassiNest Swivel Sleeper
- Chicco Close to You SE Bedside Bassinet
What is a Bedside Crib?
A bedside crib is a small sleeping area for babies that attaches to their parents’ beds. They are often used instead of traditional bassinets because they allow parents easy access to their children without having to get up.
The Top Five Best Bedside Cribs
Mika Micky Bedside Sleeper
Item Dimensions LxWxH: 36 x 22 x 32.7 inches |Maximum Weight:33 Pounds
The Mika Micky Bedside Sleeper is a great option for safety and convenience. It is easy to assemble but firmly secure. It can be attached to almost any type of bed as its adjustable height. Besides, the whole cover is removable and washable. The transparent meshes on both sides of the bed give you easy view access to your babies and the baby sleeps in it could also feel ventilated and comfortable. It has wheels and brakes. You can move it around in your house and stop it at a specific place. It also folds up for easy transport and storage. It comes with a mattress, so you don’t need to bother to purchase one separately.
Cloud Baby Premium Baby Bassinet
Item Dimensions LxWxH: 35.04 x 28.35 x 39.37 inches | Maximum Weight:9 Kilograms
The Cloud Baby Premium Baby Bassinet is another excellent option. It‘s super lightweight but firm and sturdy. The whole process of assembly is easy. The metal legs and stand are well balanced, and the fabrics feel of good quality and durable. It has wheels and brakes on the bottom so it’s easy to move around your home. This bassinet is designed to fit most beds up to 22 inches high with 9 adjustable heights. It also has a hanging music box with small plush toys for better soothering and comfort of your baby.
Baby Delight Beside Me Dreamer Bassinet
Item Dimensions LxWxH: 37 x 22.5 x 31 inches |Maximum Weight: 20 pounds
The Baby Delight Beside Me Dreamer Bassinet is designed for babies less than 20 lbs or 0-5 months old. This product is popular for its minimalist design and favorable price. It has 2 straps to attach easily and securely to any bed. The mesh walls are all transparent, giving easy view access to your baby. The crib can be glided from side to side gently if you need to soothe your little one. It also comes with a soft mattress with a waterproof sheet. You can pass it over to younger babies of your neighbor or your pet when your baby outgrows the crib.
HALO BassiNest Swivel Sleeper, Bedside Bassinet
Item Dimensions LxWxH: 34 x 18 x 12 inches | Maximum Weight: 20 pounds
The HALO BassiNest Swivel Sleeper is a unique option because it swivels 360 degrees. The side panel can be lowered down and automatically returns to an upright position. This makes it nice for bed-sharing parents who want to be able to access their baby easily from any angle. It can also be used as a standalone bassinet if needed. It comes with many soothing functions including soothing sounds, gentle vibrations, and adjustable light. You can use them to create a consistent sleeping routine for your baby. Besides, it also comes with a fairly nice mattress and storage pockets for diapers, wipes, and other necessities.
Chicco Close to You SE Bedside Bassinet
Item Dimensions LxWxH: 33.5 x 28 x 46 inches |Maximum Weight: 20 pounds
The Chicco Close to You SE Bedside Bassinet is an excellent choice with many features. It has a modern and sleek design. The side panel can be lowered to allow easy bedside access for parents. It comes with a nightlight, three lullabies, and three nature sounds to soothe your baby. You can also use the vibration function to create a calming environment for your little one. This bassinet is designed to fit next to almost any bed with a height of 24-34 inches. You can use it as a diaper changing table as it can be easily converted into a horizontal position. The mattress is also waterproof and removable for easy cleaning. Last but not least, it has rubberized swivel wheels for easy maneuvering which is designed for those who have been through the C section.
What are the Benefits of a Bedside Crib?
There are many benefits to using a bedside crib. Some of the most notable include:
- Easier access to your child for feeding and comforting;
- Reduced risk of SIDS, as babies are less likely to roll over onto their stomachs and suffocate if they’re not sleeping in a separate room;
- Reduces stress for parents as well, since there’s less anxiety about leaving your baby alone all night long;
- These cribs also allow you to sleep next to your child without having them share the bed with you, which may be beneficial if you are a light sleeper or have other children in the bed.
However, is it Safe to Use?
The answer is yes, but it depends. Bedside cribs are generally safe when used as directed by the manufacturer and according to guidelines from SIDS experts.
However, there is a potential risk of falling out. Though the situations are rare， there are precautions to take when using bedside cribs.
Some things to keep in mind when using a bedside crib include:
- Make sure the crib is sturdy and well-constructed. It should be able to support your baby’s weight without wobbling. It should be firmly attached to your bed when used.
- The mattress should be firm and fit securely in the crib.
- Do not use any type of soft bumpers, blankets, or pillows in the crib. These can be a suffocation hazard.
- Make sure there are no gaps between the side rails of the crib and any furniture or walls to prevent entrapment injuries.
- Never leave your child unattended in the crib.
- Use it before your children can sit upright or flexibly roll on the crib.
A few Things to Note
- First, make sure that it is compliant with safety standards. Either safety standards of the US (CPSC, CPSIA) or EU(BS EN) are acceptable. All structure is sturdy and firm.
- Second, you’ll also want to consider the size of the crib – most are designed for newborns up to six months old, so if you have a bigger baby they may not be able to use it for very long.
- Third, you’ll also want to think about how easy it is to set up and takedown, and if there are wheels for random move around. You may need to move it from one room to another as your child grows.
- Finally, think about your own needs and preferences. If you plan on using the crib for a longer period, you’ll want to make sure that it is large enough for an older baby.
We hope this article has helped you in finding the best bedside crib for your newborn. We have listed five of our favorites with a variety of features to suit every family’s needs. Remember to always read the manufacturer’s instructions carefully before use. And as always, consult with your pediatrician if you have any questions or concerns about using a bedside crib.