There are so many different baby toys on the market these days that it can be hard to know which ones are best for your new little one. But don’t worry, we have you covered! In this blog post, we will share with you some of the top contenders for the best newborn toy in 2022. So whether you’re looking for a fun and interactive toy or something that can help develop your baby’s skills, you’ll find what you need here.
- Best Overall： Manhattan Toy Winkel Rattle & Sensory Teether Toy
- Recommended Reason: cheap, classic, popular among babies
- Best for price: Infantino Lil’ Nibble Teethers Carrot
- Recommended Reason: simply and cheap, cute, easy to clean
- Best for Bedtime Company: Fisher-Price Soothe & Glow Seahorse
- Recommended Reason: nice bedtime buddy
- Best for Entertaining: Fisher-Price Deluxe Kick & Play Piano Gym & Maracas
- Recommended Reason: multiple ways of playing
- Best for Peek-a-boo: Baby GUND Animated Flora The Bunny Stuffed Animal Plush
- Recommended Reason: a plush that can come alive when playing peek-a-boo
- Best Soother: Philips Avent Soothie Pacifier
- Recommended Reason: classic, simple, and easy to clean
- Best for hobby formation: Sassy Peek-a-Boo Activity Book with Attachable Link for On-The-Go Travel
- Recommended Reason: be a reader since infant
Best Toys for Newborn
Manhattan Toy Winkel Rattle & Sensory Teether Toy
This is a classic toy and babies like it. Its size is perfect for two little hands to grab. The colorful tubes are soft and safe to gnaw on. It makes a gentle sound like a sand maraca when it is shaken. The only downside about it would probably be that it can be hand washed only.
2）Infantino Lil’ Nibble Teethers Carrot
The design is simple but cute. It is such a relief to teething gums and excessive drooling of babies. It is made of BPA-free silicone which is okay to be sterilized by boiled water. Not every baby prefers the same teether. You may need to buy several and let your baby pick one.
3）Fisher-Price Soothe & Glow Seahorse
It can be a gift to to-be mothers which play different lullabies and ocean sounds. When babies arrive, they can sleep through the familiar melodies and sounds. The bedtime buddy also glows gently and comfortably. Babies are always attracted by light. You can play it in front of your babies in tummy time, which helps babies strengthen the power of their necks.
4）Fisher-Price Deluxe Kick & Play Piano Gym & Maracas
This toy includes many components which can be adjusted to different ways of playing. The colors are in striking contrast， and animal items in different textures are everywhere. Babies on their backs can kick at the keyboard with their feet to make sounds and glow. The hanging animal items can be taken off the rack and hooked on the padded mat to make tummy time much more fun. Later when babies grow old enough to sit up, the rack and keyboard can as well be adjusted to match their positions. The maracas and the keyboard can be taken along as your babies like. In addition, there is a mirror in this set. It is so funny to see babies watching themselves in the mirror and making facial expressions.
It is highly recommended as it is good to help develop gross motor skills while providing so much entertainment.
5) Baby GUND Animated Flora The Bunny Stuffed Animal Plush
It is said that GUND is the oldest maker of soft toys in America which produces the first teddy bear. The fabric outside is soft and comfy. It comes alive to flap its ears to play peek-a-boo to mesmerize babies when you press the left foot button. It runs out of batteries a little bit soon for that trick which is a shortcoming similar products share.
6) Philips Avent Soothie Pacifier
For babies, it is natural to suck on thumbs and fingers to gain a sense of security, soothe themselves and explore the world. Sucking on thumbs or fingers sometimes involves germs and dirt which could result in health problems meanwhile overuse of pacifiers would cause dental problems. Whether to use a pacifier relies on parents’ distinct. If you decide to try, you can try a basic one like this. The pacifier is made of hospital-grade, BPA-free silicone and it is easy to be washed and sterilized in one-piece construction. It’s soft and durable.
7) Sassy Peek-a-Boo Activity Book with Attachable Link for On-The-Go Travel
The soft book has peek-a-boo flaps in contrasting colors and images of interesting insects. Besides developing visual tracking skills, it is a great start to reading. Unlike paperboard, it is tear-resistant because it is made of fabric. It is portable as well as it can be hung on the stroller, crib, play gym, and anywhere your baby likes.
What does a Baby do in Their Wake-up Hours?
Actually, the little infant sleeps from 16 to 20 hours in the first month. When awake, they might probably keep occupied by feeding and diapering. The little angel usually demands rarely from parents if we can guarantee a suitable temperature, enough nutrition, a clean diaper, and a comfortable environment. After exhausting labor, mommy can take advantage of this month to have good rest.
However, from the second month, their sleeping hours would gradually shorten. When they are waking up, you would find them crying most of the time. They might feel annoyed after vaccination, shocked after meeting strangers, or just simply get bored by themselves. The little one becomes more interested in the world around them.
Why does a Baby Need Toys？
- Help on the development of gross motor skills: It can serve as a tool of attraction when babies develop gross motor skills of putting their heads up, turning over, and grabbing items with the help of parents.
- Help with the development of visual tracking skills: Babies see the world from a totally different perspective from adults. In the first few months, there is only white and black in their eyes. Even simple things such as moving eyeballs to catch the light also need practicing. Proper stimulation can help in the development of visual tracking skills.
- To soothe babies’ emotions: Pacifier， a plush toy, or a little blanket can help a lot to calm down a crying little one. A toy that a baby often plays with is also a nice playmate with a familiar smell, touch, and sound.
- To have quality time together: It can keep babies entertained. Both you and your babies can have fun together. Babies will grow memory of harmonious childhood and begin language learning via communication in playing.
What to Consider when Purchasing Toys for Babies?
- Material safe: Babies put almost everything into their mouths. Therefore, all baby toys should be made of non-toxic materials. It should also be placed a notice on that whether the specific kind of material would cause an allergic to your baby. If so, it is also not safe.
- Easy to clean: It will save parents tons of time.
- No potential physical hazards： It should fit for babies’ gentle fingers, and be light enough for babies to hold. No sharp point` and no small part appears after abuse.
The best baby toys are those that stimulate the senses, provide entertainment, and help with developmental milestones. Our picks are based on consumer ratings, price, durability, and how likely the toy is to become a classic. If you’re looking for a new toy to keep your little one entertained or aid in their development, these are our top recommendations.
Leave a Comment