A baby lounger is a specially designed pillow with a groove to offer a safe place to lay down babies. The lounger is to give a spot that prevents a baby from tripping and falling when they are kicking and rolling. It also provides a feeling of being held and wrapped. Some may have extra functions to let the pillow be used for breastfeeding，co-sleeping, tummy time, etc. It is another tool that can give mommy freehand moments in addition to baby swing.
Table of Contents
- Best for organic fabric: Snuggle Me Organic | Patented Sensory Lounger for Baby | organic cotton, virgin polyester fill
- Best for design: Boppy Original Newborn Lounger, Elephant Love Gray
- Best for looks: Mamibaby Baby Lounger Baby Nest Co-Sleeping for Baby
- Best for luxury: DockATot Deluxe+ Dock – The All in One Portable & Lightweight Baby Lounger – Suitable from 0-8 Months (Mrs Mighetto, Lovely Day)
Best Baby Lounger in 2022
Snuggle Me Organic
This lounger is designed for 0-9-month-old babies, one of the best loungers regarding comfort, to give them a snuggling feeling. It is the best of all for its organic, breathable, and hypoallergenic cover fabric. It is effective to calm your babies with the hug of Snuggle Me Organic. The filling materials are made of virgin polyester fiber. The whole lounger can be thoroughly washed by machine. Sold in combination with a removable outer cover and travel bag, it is also thoughtful on convenience and portability. You can wash the cover only if it gets a little dirt. The only drawback of this product may be that it is a little expensive.
Boppy Original Newborn Lounger
The Boppy Original Newborn Lounger has been a long-time favorite among parents for its innovative design and affordability. It has a recessed middle to cradle babies, a higher side for babies to lean on which can help prevent reflux to some extent, and numerous patterns on cover fabric for parents to choose from. You can grab the handle to move from room to room as it is lightweight. The cover is not only soft and breathable but also easy to be wiped clean. If it gets bigger messes, the whole pillow can be machine washed. Your baby could outgrow it quite soon as it is for 0-4-month-old babies. However, you can pass it to your pets or donate it to the animal shelters for a second life.
Mamibaby Baby Lounger Baby Nest Co-Sleeping for Baby
The Mamibaby Baby Lounger is designed with an adjustable tie that you can loosen or tighten according to your babies’ size. Its longevity can last 24 months with the adjustment. It is double-sided with 100% velvet on one side and 100% breathable cotton on the other. The cover fabrics give it an elegant look. It is difficult to remove the cover. Therefore, it’s not easy to clean it though it is claimed to be machine washable. It can be used for co-sleep sometimes to let mommies have much more quality sleeping. Despite co-sleeping is not recommended by AAP, it could save your life if you have to wake up 4 to 5 times to change a diaper or breastfeed your baby at night.
DockATot Deluxe+ Dock Lounger
The DockATot Deluxe+ Dock is a multi-function baby lounger for tummy time, lounging, and co-sleeping. The firm bottom can better support babies’ spines, making them more suitable for napping. The surrounding edge is to mimic mothers’ wombs to provide a snug and soothing environment. The buckle can be adjusted with the growth of your babies. It uses high-end comfortable cotton cover fabric with variable patterns to match your house decoration or fashion style. The whole item was tested against very high-quality standards. However, some find their babies outgrew the pillow in 3-4months while it claims that it is for 0-8 months. Considering that the whole pillow is sold at a higher price, it may not be a cost-effective choice.
What to Consider when Picking a Baby Lounger?
- Materials: The cover fabric should be soft and breathable as the hair and skin of babies are so tender that we need to be cautious about any baby products that come into direct contact with skin. Babies would like to rub the back of their heads or their angelic little faces on the lounger just like the other places you lay them down. The coarse cover might be uncomfortable or even cause light scratches. The filling materials should neither be too fluffy nor too compressed. Otherwise, it won’t be a cozy lounger.
- Size: Baby loungers of different brands come in variable sizes. Make sure it fits your baby’s height and weight. If your baby has already outgrown the lounger, you do not need to buy one.
- Safety: The main purpose of the lounger is to give you a safe place where you can put them down. Even if you can supervise them from a distance, the lounger should add extra security with a broader edge.
- Convenience: If you often move babies from room to room, then portability would be a plus. One of the most repeated chores of housewives is probably washing everything dirty. Whether it can be machine wash matters. It is convenient to have machine washable everything.
Safe Tips of Using Baby Lounger
- Check the manufacturer’s instructions to see if your baby meets the age requirements for that particular baby lounger.
- Do not let babies sleep on the lounger at night. It should be used under the supervision of adults.
- Always place them on a flat and firm surface and remove all the obstacles from the surrounding area.
- Do not use a loose blanket to layer upon the lounger as it would lead to suffocation.
- Make sure your babies are on their backs when they play in the lounger.
With so many baby loungers on the market, it can be hard to decide which one is best for you and your little one. We’ve outlined some of our favorite picks, but there are plenty of great options out there. Ultimately, it comes down to what you feel is most important for your family. Do you want an organic fabric? A stylish design? Something luxurious? No matter what you choose, make sure that the baby lounger will provide a safe place for your child to relax and play.